Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C)
Humanitarian and compassionate is the way of getting exemption to apply for permanent residence in Canada, those who are not eligible to apply under any immigration program. It is for some exceptional circumstances which cannot be dealt as normal cases. Humanitarian applications are assessed depending upon the situation of particular applicant. Some factors such as establishment of family members and ties in Canada; best interest of children involved or the consequences of negative decision.
Rules for applying Humanitarian and compassionate applications:
- Humanitarian and compassionate considerations can be applied for permanent residence applications in Canada.
- Only one application can be applied at a time.
- Applicants with pending refugee claim cannot apply for humanitarian and compassionate considerations.
- Applicants with negative decision from Immigration Refugee Board cannot apply for humanitarian consideration within 12 months of negative decision.
- Designated foreign national can apply after 5 years have passed from the day you became designated foreign national.
- Applicants with removal order can apply for humanitarian and compassionate consideration; however, it would not prevent the removal order.